Thursday, May 9, 2013

I am where I belong

Tonight is a night I can say with great courage, strength and positively, that I am where I need to be and want to be. I am an interpreting student at my local college and loving every minute. I have an amazing family who supports me, even though they don't understand one word of ASL. (okay maybe a few words) I have a class who loves each other and like any family gets into little tussles. Another thing I am so grateful for is an amazing friend and her name is Maeve.

Maeve understands everything I am going through. Not just because she is a very empathetic person but because we go through the same thing almost everyday. (except for maybe the fiance parts) I am so happy she is now apart of my life. She cheers me up when I'm sad and makes me fat. (she would say I make her fat but hey who cares) Maeve and I do all our lab work together, meaning we see each other on a daily basis. My life is one of up and downs but I can know Maeve will be there to ride the roller coaster with me! She treats me like a true friend should. I am so grateful for our new founded friendship. Thanks Maeve, you make me happy, ride the waves with me and make me remember who is in charge(Geri, just kidding). I am so happy to call you my friend. Forever and always. If someone told me I would be friends with that skinny, "knows more ASL than anyone in the room" girl I would of told them they are crazy. I would have said that we would never be friends, yet everyday I am reminded how wrong I would of been. Thanks Maevey for being a true friend to me.

My family encourages me everyday but like any family we go through rocky parts. Some days I do not want to be around them. (like tonight as I blog on the front porch) But that doesn't mean I don't love them, just means I'm fed up. After the cold breeze has hit my skin, my blood has stopped boiling. I will always be frightened by how close we are. My family is well, my family. Together we can face the world because they are my world. Thanks family for being, my family. Another member of my family that isn't listed under our same name is, Amanda.

What would I do without my Amanda. She is one friend you can never replace. She is a friend in all times. Times when we don't see each other, times where i make the biggest mistakes, times where tragedies strike, and most importantly when joy surrounds my life. Amanda has been there since I was seven. I do not know a time when she was not in my life. She has been there through everything. (I mean everything folks) She can save me from the worst situation, and pick me up and dust me off. She doesn't just leave me out to dry but cares and tells it like it is. (literally she'll tell me how stupid I am) She is brave. Brave enough to tell me when I'm wrong and brave enough to not say "i told you so". Amanda can not only help me in depressing times but lifts me up. If i'm excited she is excited. When I tell her I signed a math lesson she is joking and being excited with me. Amanda is one of a kind. (did i mention she is going into the Air Force? yeah she is tough) This girl has been with me through thick and thin, loving me the same. Even though we go through times when we don't see each other we pick back up where we left off. (or hear gossip of each other through our moms) We can go a whole month (or even more) and pick up RIGHT where we left of months past. This girl is crazy because she is my friend. Thanks Manda for being my wing "woman". I owe you a lot. (oh hey we should hang out ;))

These friends are just a few of the amazing people I call "friend". Without them I would be lost. Today all three of these people were on my mind. I realized how crazy my life would be without them. (especially because I had a dream that Maeve and Amanda couldn't see or hear me and they thought I ditched them and it was really heart breaking and I never want to lose them *BREATHE*)

I cannot wait to see where else my life takes me and who else I will meet. If I find more amazing people like the ones mentioned and unmentioned then i will be one blessed Hope. Tonight my name rings loudly, hope. I have hope for my future and for the next things life will throw at me. I'm ready.


This roller coaster of life wouldn't be much fun if i raised my hands and screamed by myself. I much prefer there to be other riders with me. I thank you all who ride with me!!! Without you it would be one boring roller coaster!

With that I say a hopeful Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment