Thursday, December 3, 2009

The christmas they didn't want to come.

Hey i wrote this story when my dad went to pick up my sisters hope u like :)

I was looking around on a chilly afternoon then three kids came out of a house. Yelling and screaming whispering and teasing. They were joyful and happy. The mother comes out of the house and they all stop whispering. She gives them the look that always means u guys got awful queit when I came out. They all giggle and jump in the van. This is no mini van tho this is the biggest van I have ever seen even in my old age. They all pile in. I hear the doggies start barking they are sad that they didn’t get to go with the children. They pull out I know where their going. See the childrens mother has been very sick. she has lost all her hair and she will probably not live long enough for it to grow back. The children know this. I was there when the mother and father told them what was going to happen. They were all in the living room after a fantastic meal by the misses. The children were goofing around with the dogs but when the parents came in the emotion changed. It changed from happiness and joy to seriousness. The father sat down on the floor with the kids the mother on the couch behind him. They were all looking at their parents even the dogs. He had all their attention. He spoke to me in a whisper. Then started to talk to the children. Telling them that their mother was sick. At that the children looked up at him. Their mom had bad sinuses so this was nothing new. But then a tear rolled down his cheek I put my hand on his shoulder no one could see me but they could feel me. The father spoke up and he told them what he’d dreaded to say. He told them their mother would not make it past Christmas. The children ran to their mother with tears in their eyes the dogs started to get antsy they didn’t understand why the kids were so disturbed at what the father said. They father looked at the dogs and the dogs gave him an evil stair. The dogs knew whatever he said upset the family and they didn’t like that. The mother held her children in her arms. All three of them. They sat there for an hour. Talking to me and letting the tears run down their face. I couldn’t help it I let myself cry as well. That night it rained. Rained very hard. Showing the kids that they only had one month left with there mama. They were so excited for Christmas now they didn’t want it to come! They were angry at me. They knew I would be taking their mama soon. They asked why but I couldn’t answer them. That morning was the toughest morning for the children. Their mother was the only one having a good day. She talked to me all night and didn’t ask why but when. She was the one who got it right. Her husband still respected me but not my decision. The mother tried to wake her kids up but she couldn’t. she knew they probably didn’t sleep a bit. So she let them. She went to go take a shower and freshen up. But when she was brushing her hair most of it fell out. She started to cry. Her oldest came in and gave her a hug. she gave her encouraging words and then looked into her mommy’s eyes. Telling her to never forget her when she leaves. Her mama swallowed the lump in her throat and told her she will never forget her. Then the youngest child came in crying rushing to her mommy wanting to be held. The mother had open arms. Then of course the middle child came in too. They all just sat there In their mommy’s arms. Never once thinking about what else to do just wanted to take in this moment forever. They all got up and went on their parents bed. Waiting for their mommy to finish getting dressed and to join them. There mother did. School was out for the holiday so they could stay home all day with her. They heard the phone ring once or twice that day but nobody answered. They all just wanted to be in each others arms. They knew they wouldn’t be able to do this again. I watched them that day. They didn’t know that I was holding them too. The mother whispered her thanks to me. But she still wanted to know the exact time I would be taking her But she would not know until later. That night when the father got home he joined them. They barely ate anything. Then they all slept in the same bed together with the dogs. Even the dogs questioned me in their own way. The next morning was a weekend so the father had the day off. He told me that he would not waste the days away just holding his wife. He knew what he had to do. He got all the kids dressed and ready then got woke up his wife. She was so tired but not as tired as when she was under the treatments. She stopped those a couple months ago. She knew it was her time. The father told the kids and his wife that they were going to have an adventure they were going to do a lot of stuff. They took a road trip one week the next they played in the snow all day. The days went on and on. Until the day came when the three kids came out the door yelling and screaming. They day I was telling you about. See they were going to go shopping. It was Christmas day in 5 days. The kids accepted that Christmas was going to come but they still told it to stay away from them. They were going shopping today. And they knew exactly what they were going to get their mother. See the youngest one was a great photographer and this month they took a lot of pictures together. With their little money they had the got her a photo album and printed all the photos and wrapped it up just for her! The mother did a little shopping of her own buying stuff to leave with her children so they would remember her. Having only 9 years with the youngest 12 with the oldest it seemed so short but flew so fast. She got them all something that each enjoyed doing with her. The oldest cooking, so she got her a brand new cook book. The middle reading, so got her daughter her favorite book. The youngest being her model, so she got her a new camera. she knew her husband had to move on. He was younger then her and he could still re marry. She was jealous she didn’t want any woman holding her man but she knew he would get lonely. She got him an adventure book he loved adventures she wrote down all their many adventures. She cried through it but she knew I was their helping her so she kept on going. Finally she finished her last adventure when the girls came in the coffee shop their shopping done. They showed her what they got their father and the dogs. They didn’t have enough money to shop for each other but they were okay with that! When they got home their father was putting the last gift under the tree. He went shopping alone too. The 5 days till Christmas went by fast. None of them wanting Christmas to come but knew it must. I witnessed them love me in a way i knew they could. The father came to respect my decision and the girls stopped asking why. 8 days after Christmas I woke the misses up. I whispered in her ear. “its time”. She rolled over to her husband kissed him and breathed her last breath. The husband knew what that kiss was for. He got up quickly looking at her. He didn’t yell he didn’t ask why. He nodded his head heaven ward. He had the best life with his wife. Now it was time to start a new one. He went to the phone and made the arrangements that morning the girls woke up to a truck outside taking away their mother. Only one asked why. But she quickly dismissed the thought. She knew why. Because I wanted her. I’ve been waiting to have her. They knew they would see her again. That Christmas was the hardest for them. But they got through it. The father remarried to a lovely Christian woman who the girls accepted and loved. The kids all got married to their own husbands and never forgot their mother. I will never forget one of my happiest Birthdays. I got my daughter back.

3 comments: