Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 1!

Hello Fellow readers! I am a teenager who has decided to write about being homeschooled. I am in 10th grade. A lot of people don't understand what homeschool is. Well i am going to show everyone what i do.

Homeschool is a lot like public school. Except im doing homework all day. People say that public school is "regular" school. But its not. I mean think about all the different types of schools there are. Think about....yes i am asking you to think off of school hours!...there is private school and charter school! (thats all i can think of) Some people also think my parents arn't qualified to teach me. Those people really need to look into homeschooling some more. Because actually the books teach me. My parents help me! Sure they taught me when i was in elementry school but i know they are a lot smarter then a 5th grader (that song pops in my head "Are you smarter then a 5th grader grab a pencil and a peice a paper...okay i'll stop) So anyway i think i've made my points.
So today is day 3 of school. Now i was ready for school and all happy about it but now....I wish it would go away. AND THATS JUST AFTER 3 DAYS!! Am i the only teen like this or does everyone feel this way on day 3? Today i did algebra 2, History, Science and English. :) I start pian-A this friday!! thats exciting and i do soccer tuesdays and thursdays but we are actually starting to do a weds practice too! Well day 3 almost complete because my dad is going to come home and we are going to go through my math. Joy!
Well So long my fellow readers.
~Elaine~

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When most people hear the phrase, "home-schooler," they usually think of a family with 13 kids who make their own butter or something. But it's not like that at all! We get all the benefits of a "normal" school and then some. We have close relationships with our parents, an excellent one on one teaching method, and can live our lives free of peer pressure and all the other sketchy things being learned in our schools today.

    ReplyDelete