Monday, January 31, 2011

The paper that touched my heart

~We are fearfully and wonderfully made~
My professor asked us to write a paper on what we would do and how we would feel if we had a deaf child. I decided to not jump into it to fast I had 5 days to write a 1 page paper. I figured it couldn't be to hard so I spent 3 of the days not just thinking about it but praying about it! "Jesus how WOULD i feel if i had a deaf child?" I asked that question many many times. Then the answer came in a verse: "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well." Psalm 139:14. This verse inspired my paper!
What would I be scared of if I had a deaf child? The only thing that came into my head was: They couldn't hear the music I know and love. I've been playing piano for 4 years my sisters for 6 or more. That means a lot of practice time on the piano! I'm always listening to some type of music, it being maybe my sisters and I singing around the house, Pandora radio going or maybe some worship music blasting! My child would not be able to share that with me.
What would I be joyful about? That this child is otherwise healthy and that Jesus has a plan for his/her life! (I think I actually got attached to this child!!) I would be able to do different things with them! We could still go walking have a ton of fun! Just maybe in a different way!
What would I do? I would still like to homeschool this child! There is a homeschool community called NATHHAN, they support you if you have a disabled child. They are Christian based and I would try to find a group around me! If there wasn't one? Well I would create one!!!
I took this assignment very seriously! I thank Jesus that He gave me the words to put down cause i had it all in my head but couldn't get it out! But with God all things are possible!
Well i should go get something to eat and finish school! Here is a quote I just found it made me laugh!
“Sign language is useful to the deaf but vital to the Italians" - Paul Carvel
!hope!

1 comment:

  1. lol your paper was sooo much better than mine:) You really got into it!

    ReplyDelete